Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Marmalade Grey Quilt

I am addicted to texture.
...and still trying to find the right way to photograph a quilt with texture.
This was an older quilt top I finished awhile back and never had the courage nor the skills to quilt it as I would like.    It's just a small one,  a pattern I made up on my own. 
I call her marmalade grey...because marmalade has all of those chunky bits in it to give it texture...
 
 There really wasn't much of a plan,  I just wanted to do something that had symmetry and a lot of texture in it.   I especially wanted those little yellow sashings to sing. 

A note:  I used a 100% cotton sheet from Ikea for the backing.  Like I had read and had been warned about...tension on the back is sometimes an issue with sheets because of the tight weave.  I did experience this, but wouldn't completely stay away from doing it again either. 











15 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job, Andrea! Your texture is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely texture Andrea. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart! So so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. You is doing well with your new found skillz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt and texture quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilting on the, Andrea! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and the quilting! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:14 AM

    The quilt is beautiful and THEN I saw the quilting!!!!! Beautiful texture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this quilt pattern and your quilting is amazing. Do you have a pattern that I could purchase from you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stumbled upon this pin on Pinterest and was curious if you made a pattern for it? It’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is then name of this pattern? Love the texture you also added with the quilting. Unique.
    Many thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, you artisty in quilting is amazing. I have a long arm, but decided since I am new at this craft, to learn to quilt on my sewing machine first, learning designs, creating depth and deciding how to quilt each area. This quilt is magnificent. Great job, one of the finest quilters I have seen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I know it takes the extra clicks and the pesky word verification, but receiving comments is so much fun! I respond to all comments, so if you don't receive a reply back from me, check your settings and make sure you are not listed as a 'no reply blogger; which means I cannot reply back to you.