Saturday, October 01, 2011

doodles..


I was doodling again, and a few cool ideas for new graphic patterns emerged. Onto the pile of the 'to do' list they go. There's just so many on my to do list. Frightening.


One idea, came from a sort of fancy letter A. This was a very quick 30 second idea, but I wanted to share the process stemming from an idea to pulling fabrics to fruition. This will be a VERY vulnerable train wreck, I'm sure. I'm planning to make this a small quilt... 'mug rug' size (gawd I HATE that term)
I started pulling reds and blues, which I love, and then some browns - the photo depicts more mustard colours, but they are browns...

I have no idea how this will turn out. I may need some hugs later. ha!

This has all stemmed from my reluctance to restart my beloved baking project. I spent 3 days watching Dr.Phil, Ellen, Days, and Dr. Oz, ripping apart every.single.seam. In all my extensive (ha) quilting experience, I've seen bloggers post about ripping apart quilts and starting over again. I've never had that desire. Until this project. I love the colours too much to do an okay job. So in a pile of unironed, seam ripped state they sit. For days. They haven't moved from the living room in a week. Can you tell?


I've reworked the colours and they are much better now. But I'm just taking a few days off to recharge.

2 comments:

  1. But if it isn't working....

    Do you want to get together this week or next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. You and Cheryl get to get together and sew? I really need to come up to Calgary to visit our friends there so I can also sew with you two!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I know it takes the extra clicks and the pesky word verification, but receiving comments is so much fun! I respond to all comments, so if you don't receive a reply back from me, check your settings and make sure you are not listed as a 'no reply blogger; which means I cannot reply back to you.